nu ve ns a n d a r n a s nu ve ns

6.13.2008

airports are boring

airports are boring.
sad, cold metal structures built in the middle of nowhere.
landscapes of never ending car parks and emptiness.

an un-space, soulless, full of empty people wondering around with no purpose.
the wait is painful.

a context would help, a context that is not only a name of a city. a context with history would make things better. car explosions are not history if the remains are instantly erased. collective memory is an impressive thing, but we need objects to remind ourselves.
no one is willing to share memories in a timeless space... it's dangerous, they will be erased very quickly. it's the same as shouting into a black hole what you had for dinner last night. maybe that memory will be erased, that meal will stop existing in your life. suddenly it's gone! I don't want to share anything with anyone here, it might get lost, it might get erased, it might just stop existing.


the only person I spoke to at an airport was in Dublin. I was smoking a fag outside and this guy comes up to me and asks me for a lighter. we asked each other where we were going to. after that, a coffee. he told me his uncle and his aunt met at an airport and fell in love... how can someone fall in love at an airport? I wish I could go back in time and see how they did it. people seem to be so afraid of human contact at airports... is it a post-modern thing? terrorists and all that bullshit... inflict fear so people don't speak to each other. there is only 4 questions you're asked at an airport, and I'm not proud of knowing them by heart... "Have you packed your luggage yourself?" "Has anyone interfered with your luggage?" "Has anyone given you anything to carry in your luggage?" "Are you carrying any liquids in your hand luggage?" No No No No. What if I said YES? What would they do? Are they expecting people to be that honest? I'm assuming they're not trained to read people's reactions, and even if they were, there's no point... there's no reactions. there's nothing, it's scary.

I want my bed.

2 comentários:

Manuel Guedes disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Manuel Guedes disse...

Saudades de mergulhar nas tuas palavras, já me esqueci-a de quanto nado tão bem por entre essas frases. Adoro os teus textos, bem escritos. Mesmo em Inglês.
Mas o que vês, as tuas reflexões deixam-me um sorriso. Quero a minha cama... poseste-me um sorriso estampado na cara! bj**