nu ve ns a n d a r n a s nu ve ns

7.14.2007

The bug in the dark

I saw a bug in the dark.
My first instinct, as an animal, was to kill it. Smash it with my shoe.
I've killed spiders and ants before, snails and even centipedes - those horrible bastards - so this unknown bug didn't seem a big challenge.
But then I realized, "I don't even know what it is, I don't even know how many legs it has, if it has anthenas or not... I don't even know its facets, its color or if it's fast or slow. Is it like one of those transformer ones or was it doomed to stay in the same shape till the end of its time? I can't imagine the sound it would make if I was to step on it either."
So I decided it was unfair to kill it and watched it going up the wall.
I let it live and I'm happy with my decision.

Hope it's still alive now.

1 comentário:

Utopia propria disse...

Belos progressos!
És linda!